Job: Osteology Research Fellow
Applications are invited for an experienced human osteologist to participate in an innovative 3-year project, with Drs Mary Lewis (Reading) and Janet Montgomery (Durham), and funded by the Leverhulme Trust
This project explores the health of adolescents in medieval London using palaeopathology, lead and strontium analysis. We aim to evaluate the life course of apprentices and trace poor migrant workers.
You will have:
- a PhD in human osteology or equivalent experience
- in-depth knowledge of human skeletal anatomy, palaeopathology and knowledge of child skeletal remains
- ability to work independently, and within a team, and spend time away from Reading, where you will be based
- ability to communicate effectively in writing and in conference presentations
- to be able to sample human remains for trace element and isotope analysis
Candidates with a strong interest in palaeopathology and migration are encouraged to apply.
Source and full details: Jobs.ac.uk
(Tags: archaeology, isotopes, job, osteology)